Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Scotty! Give Me All You've Got!


"That's every book in the ship's library, cap'n! I cannae gi' nae more!"

You can own every work bench gimmick made, and when it comes to holding a sheet of foam down flat against glue-slathered wood runners, nothing will do the trick like stacks and stacks of heavy books.

Tonight's sixty-minute trip on the Lo Co combined some bench work with painting. After scrounging around for a half-hour or so I managed to piece together enough blocks of pink foam to provide a base for the track work. When I was reasonably sure it was laid out in the pattern I needed for the notional track plan I had worked out, I marked the positions of the pieces, moved it all away, squirted a little glue across the supports and voila! The mess you see here.

And I painted a dining car and an RPO. Photos to follow.

No comments: